UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
MoU Signed for Rudraksh Plantation in Ganga Basin
- A MoU was signed between National Mission for Clean Ganga, HCL Foundation and INTACH for taking up a project of ‘Plantation of Rudraksh Trees in Uttarakhand’ as a part of CSR initiative under the ‘Namami Gange’ Programme.
Dr P. K. Mishra presents Country Statement at Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction 2019 at Geneva
- While presenting the Country Statement today, Dr Mishra briefed on the steps taken by India, after the adoption of the Sendai Framework.
Project ‘SPARROW-CBIC’ for online writing of APAR in SPARROW for Group ‘B’ and ‘C’ Officers of CBIC implemented
- Online writing of APARs in SPARROW for IRS (C&CE) Officers has already been implemented w.e.f. 2016-17
- SPARROW-CBIC is one of its kind in terms of Scale/ number of employees covered as far as Central Government Departments are concerned.
Workshop on Artificial Bio Organs held in Visakhapatnam
- In request to fortify Indo-Australian Cooperation and accomplish improvement of 3D printing industry in both the nations.
- Jitendar Kumar Sharma, MD & CEO invited the delegates to experience the 3D printing facility at AMTZ.
India’s Foreign Trade: April 2019
- India’s overall exports in April2019* is estimated to be USD 44.06billion, exhibiting a positive growth of 1.34per cent over the April 2018. Overall imports in April2019* is estimated to be USD 52.83billion, exhibiting a positive growth of 4.53per cent over April 2018. (16/05/2019)
India sets the tone at COP meetings of Basel, Rotterdam and Stockholm conventions held in Geneva.
- The joint meetings of three conventions on chemicals and waste that is the 14th meeting of the COP to Basel Convention on the Control of Transboundary Movement of Hazardous Wastes and their Disposal (COP 14) was held along with the 9th meeting of the COP to Rotterdam Convention on the Prior Informed Consent Procedure for Certain Hazardous Chemicals and Pesticides in International Trade and the 9th meeting of the COP to Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants.
UNDRR confers Dr P.K. Mishra Additional Principal Secretary to Prime Minister with the prestigious Sasakawa Award 2019
- UNDRR conferred Sasakawa Award 2019 for Disaster Risk Reduction to Dr. Pramod Kumar Mishra, Additional Principal Secretary to Prime Minister of India and the award was announced at the Award Ceremony during the ongoing 6th Session of GPDRR 2019 at Geneva.
Israel proposes India to be the focus country in Jerusalem Film Festival, 2020
- The Indian Delegation led by I&B Secretary Shri Amit Khare met Film Commissioners of participating countries at Cannes Film Festival.During the meeting, India was positioned as an attractive filming destination.
Website of Lokpal inaugurated
- The Website of the Lokpal was introduced by the Chairperson, Justice Shri Pinaki Chandra Ghose.It is the primary foundation of its sort in autonomous India, set up under the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013.
Third Meeting of the Advisory Council of the Fifteenth Finance Commission
- The3rd meeting of the Advisory Council of the 15th Finance Commission was held in New Delhi, chaired by Shri N.K. Singh, Chairman, XVFC and attended by Members of the Advisory Council, Members of the Commission Dr. Anoop Singh, Shri Ajay Narayan Jha, Shri Amitabh Kant, CEO, Niti Aayog, Shri Subhash Chandra Garg, Finance Secretary , Shri Girish Chandra Murmu, Expenditure Secretary and senior officials of the Commission.
- In the meeting the Council Members were updated by the Commission on the progress made in terms of State Visits by the Commission, consultations with the RBI, with Bankers and financial institutions, with stakeholders and domain experts. (17/05/2019)
First NCC Girls Expedition Team from Sikkim Flagged off to Mt Tenchenkhang
- The NCC Girls’ Mountaineering Expedition to Mt. Tenchenkhang in Sikkim was ‘Flagged Off’ by Addl Director General (B) Maj Gen Sanjay Gupta.It was led by Lt Col Madhab Boro and constitute three officers , 17 PI staff and 20 NCC Girl Cadets from various All India NCC directorates.
- This is the first NCC cadets’ expedition in Sikkim ever since 1970. The team will be attempting to scale Mt. Tenchenkhang (6010m) by the end of June 2019.
MRSAM Firing Trials
- The Indian Navy accomplished a noteworthy achievement in improving its Anti Air Warfare Capability with the lady helpful commitment terminating of the MRSAM.
- These Surface to Air Missiles are fitted installed the Kolkata Class Destroyers and on all future real warships of the Indian Navy.
Official reaction from MDWS to late Reuters tale about the Swachh Bharat Mission
- The Reuters news organization has distributed a story titled “Modi broadcasts a cleaner India, yet the truth might be increasingly cloudy”.
- Initially, the system and procedures of the NARSS have been created and affirmed by the EWG, which is led by Prof. Amitabh Kundu of JNU and previous individual from the National Statistical Commission, and co-led by Dr N. C Saxena, previous Secretary to Government of India.(18/05/2019)
Vice President calls for improving pulses productivity